The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-am-dictating-this-on-my-ipad-yes-i-have-a-31049361.aspx

Subject:  Re: Should I Really join FaceBook? Date:  1/3/2014  8:08 PM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  18903 of 19483

I am dictating this on my iPad. Yes I have a Facebook account. I also have a Facebook page for my Zazzle store and my photography, and even for one of my dogs whose photo has gone viral. It's not that I keep up with family so much on Facebook but I have a lot of doggy friends who post about their puppies, show wins, rescue dogs available etc. People also find Facebook an outlet for posting about their personal problems, their ill parents, their sick dogs, or, inquire about fixing thing, medications for dogs, weather and whatever people normally talk about.

On the other hand, Facebook can take a lot of your time. Sometimes it seems I get nothing done.

As for GPS, my Garmin was stolen out of my car. I now have a car that has its own GPS. But I don't necessarily trust it so I always go to Google maps and print out where I have to go. I have a GPS in my iPhone too but I can't always make it work right. I used to be pretty tech savvy, but now at 78 technology seems to be wanting to pass me by. I do try my best to keep up though, learning new things is good for the old brain.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us