The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/he-could-get-help-with-the-anger-issues-he-31089645.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Plan Date:  1/28/2014  4:53 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  307748 of 308688

He could get help with the anger issues. He chooses not to. He is very self absorbed and I wish he would move out of my moms house. But, she's OK with it, so I stay out of it. It's her house and her life.

Understand, and good luck. He is and going to be challenging.

The anger issues go along with the brain damage. I wouldn't expect that there would be much that can be done.

The brain damage left him with memory problems, so he can't judge time very well. I will call and tell him we are coming to visit in two hours, but when we get there he thinks the conversation was a week ago (and he's mad). He will ask the same question over and over, because he doesn't remember asking it 5 minutes ago.

MIL is in this shape. She has no short term memory and no ability to keep track of time. We are trying to setup a timer for short term events (someone is out shopping or will arrive in a few hours) so that she has some feedback for time. Hopefully this will mimimize the crazy time and keep her from assuming someone is dead because they haven't checked in with her in the last 5 minutes.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us