The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-hsa-account-has-1990-in-it-at-this-time-31117223.aspx

Subject:  Re: more bad news Date:  2/13/2014  10:49 AM
Author:  Windowseat Number:  307841 of 308881

My HSA account has $1990 in it at this time. Saturday I have to pay $2546 to the dentist to get the dentures made. I did an approximation of my income tax refund which I think will be $1800ish I have to pay about $200 or more to get my taxes done on Sunday.

I remember that back when you had that accident a couple of years ago you had to return to work immediately because you didn't have an emergency fund, and we asked you why not. You said that when you returned to live with your parent's you were not asked to pay rent, but agreed to pay for certain extras whenever you had the money. Therefore you never kept any money in your accounts because you didn't want to pay what you agreed to pay. Thus, you couldn't have an emergency fund.

Wouldn't it make sense to come to a different agreement with your parents and pay a certain set amount every month? That way you could have an emergency fund and not worry about your parents asking you to fulfill your part of the bargain.

Nancy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us