The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-you-consider-yourself-qualified-and-competent-31134698.aspx

Subject:  Re: Arctic Ice Date:  2/24/2014  1:56 PM
Author:  1poorguy Number:  445392 of 465298

So you consider yourself qualified and competent to dispute the science community, and by extension, the scientific method? Based on what?

As I said to another poster a while back, this isn't a reflection on yours or anyone else's intelligence. But there is no way a novice such as you can make an intelligent judgment on this topic. The only reasonable course is to accept that the scientific community has declared this "unequivocal". (I believe that was the exact word used recently.)

It's fine to ask "how do they know that", or "how much further increase is built-in even if we stopped tomorrow", or any of a number of other possible questions. There is nothing wrong with asking questions. It's quite another matter to say "no, you guys are wrong and I'm going to ignore you". That is an almost-unrestrained hubris.

I also think it as unwise as consulting multiple MDs, all telling you that you need (for example) chemo, and telling them "no I don't".

1poorguy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us