The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/so-those-who-argue-that-the-science-is-less-31135505.aspx

Subject:  Re: Arctic Ice Date:  2/24/2014  10:10 PM
Author:  qazulight Number:  445432 of 464990

So those who argue that the science is less certain than advertised, that scientists are pretending they know more than they truly do, are in fact arguing that the risk is greater than the scientists claim.

To the best of my ability I have followed the success rates of the climate models. For short term, i.e. my lifetime, and local, I.E. Texas or Alaska, the models cannot measure anything with any accuracy. So, for me, a broad statement like "The risks are unknown." is a better statement than, "The risks have been understated" or "The risks have been overstated."

It is my opinion that the scientists are doing their best to model the climate and the weather. However, it appears that this is a massively complex system like the DNA helix, or MACRO economics and it takes a lot of testing to fathom it.

My personal view is that if we stopped arguing about the reality of the risk, there are relatively cheap things we can do that mitigate the climate change risk and at the same time help the U.S. and the world in other ways.

It is my personal view that if were to take action against climate change the outcome would probably have the same effect as a swarm of love bugs trying to stop my car. On the other hand, many of the things we might do to stop climate change, would probably be beneficial in other ways. I mean, even a swarm of love bugs makes me wash my car more often.

Cheers
Qazulight (I believe that love bug juice is an awesome solvent, I know it will eat through clear coat...I wonder how to monetize that.)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us