The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/why-would-anyone-ever-listen-to-cheney-he-31135969.aspx

Subject:  Re: Chickenhawk Dick Cheney criticizes Hagel Date:  2/25/2014  9:26 AM
Author:  nigelwhalmsley Number:  1923981 of 1961691

Why would anyone ever listen to Cheney? He represents the worst of American politics, and has been vehemently and adamantly wrong more than anyone else. Even he notes that his best accomplishment is telling a Senator to "go f**k yourself" on the Senate floor.

I agree, Dick. That was your best.

"My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." --March 16, 2003

"In Iraq, a ruthless dictator cultivated weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them. He gave support to terrorists, had an established relationship with al Qaeda, and his regime is no more." –Nov. 7, 2003

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." -- on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

"Oh, yeah. He is. Big time.'' --agreeing with then-candidate George W. Bush, who was overheard at a campaign rally saying, "There's Adam Clymer, major league a**hole from The New York Times," Sept. 4, 2000

"Go f*ck yourself." --to Sen. Patrick Leahy, during an angry exchange on the Senate floor about profiteering by Halliburton, June 25, 2004

"That sort of the best thing I ever did." --reflecting on telling Leahy to "go f**k yourself," interview with Dennis Miller, April 22, 2010
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us