The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ps-todays-culprit-is-mindspeed-technologies-31149819.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dear Client: Date:  3/4/2014  5:52 PM
Author:  synchronicityII Number:  120353 of 121585

PS - Today's culprit is Mindspeed Technologies which was a spin off from Conexant which was a spin off from Rockwell, but after Rockwell spun off Rockwell Automation, Rockwell Collins, and either Meritor Automotive or ArvinMeritor (which may be the same company). And we will fervently pray you acquired the Rockwell stock after the Boeing/Rockwell merger. But my prayers may be in vain, as you've also got a couple shares of Boeing stock.

PPS - At least it's not leftovers from the breakup of AT&T.

I used to do those spreadsheets! (See my first post on TMF of ever, almost 16 years ago) I can't say I miss that part of my prior life.

FYI- I even have one for AT&T starting pre-break-up...well, at least through about 2000 or so. Wasn't there a spinoff from Lucent (Acelar or something) after Lucent was spun off itself, or something like that?

-synchronicity

PS- were any of those spinoffs stock and cash, and so "taxable to extent of boot"? Or did my saying that sentence just cause you to involuntary twitch?

PPS- at least they're actually getting the cash so they're not DRIPping. Small solace, I know.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us