The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Side income documentation Date:  3/5/2014  3:36 PM
Author:  Brewologist Number:  120375 of 127638

OK, so I'm confused if we need to file a WI return or not. The I-152 Form 1NPR instructions referred me to Pub 122, where it's clear she would count as a non-resident. It then states:

"If you are a nonresident or part-year resident of Wisconsin and your gross income (or the combined gross income of you and your spouse) is $2,000 or more for 2013, you must file a 2013 Wisconsin income tax return."

and defines gross income thusly:

"“Gross income” means all income (before deducting expenses) reportable to Wisconsin that is received in the form of money, property, or services. It doesn’t include items that are exempt from Wisconsin income
tax, such as U.S. government interest."

I'm confused by the clause "reportable to Wisconsin" and can't find a reference to what is reported. Is it just the $750, in which case we wouldn't have to file a WI return?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us