The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Long Term Care Payments Date:  3/7/2014  12:00 AM
Author:  apacherose Number:  120391 of 127613

In looking over tax-related documents, I noticed a 1099 for Long Term Care Benefits. The attached note states to consult a tax advisor about whether the amount needs to be reported as income on my parents' tax return.

I know, if there are enough deductions to itemize, it would definitely offset Mom's nursing home costs.

Anyone's call as to whether this will need to be reported as taxable income. I'm hoping not.

Many thanks,
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us