The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Scholarship income Date:  3/10/2014  1:19 PM
Author:  AKFOOL1 Number:  120419 of 127745

My son received scholarship on 2013 and it directly paid for part of his tuition, how shall we report the scholarship income? We didn't receive any form for the scholarship institute, shall we report the scholarship under my name (I claim him as dependent) or he has to claim it under his income tax return?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us