The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: CA Tax on Child's Income More than Federal T Date:  4/12/2014  12:35 PM
Author:  fleg9bo Number:  120729 of 127745

We paid more in OR state tax for 2013 than we did for federal taxes. Like most states, OR taxes cap gains and qualified dividends as ordinary income and that's where a good portion of our income came from.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us