The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/phil-marti-in-person-was-the-same-as-he-was-as-a-31212488.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sad News: Phil Marti Date:  4/16/2014  9:26 PM
Author:  TMFHockeypop Number:  120794 of 121594

Phil Marti in-person was the same as he was as a cyber-friend. He was bright, knowledgeable, warm, witty, always eager to help others -- especially those who were under-served, and understanding of all human beings. He LOVED to trade friendly barbs, and there was no end to his energy and ability to help all of us in his many areas of expertise.

I was privileged to enjoy some of his other passion, good food, as I'd drive through Maryland or he would visit in Charlottesville. As Ira suggested, his last email communication with me was his good spirit under some trying physical complications, most likely in reply to some IRS cartoon I'd sent. This was completely unexpected, but of all the people I know I'd expect Phil to be fully ready to meet his maker.

Even on April 8 he missed not helping the under-served fill out IRS forms at tax time, and he helped many understand the intricate complexities of relationship law in many jurisdictions.

I knew him for 10 years at RYR and here at TMF. But I also know that he loved being with you, his colleagues on this board. I will miss him.

Bob
RYR Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us