The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-many-folks-cant-see-past-the-31248642.aspx

Subject:  Re: Spoiled Generation Date:  5/13/2014  6:19 PM
Author:  inparadise Number:  19109 of 19380

I think many folks can't see past the "what's there" to the "what it can be". Such things as color, for instance, can easily be changed, but people don't buy the house because of the color of one room. Even the window treatments (drapery, blinds, etc.) can be a turn-off to some.

We as a couple are mixed in our abilities to see potential. When we are house hunting "It has potential" is the phrase from my mouth that strikes terror in his heart. He has gotten to the point where he concedes to my vision now, after decades of experience of home shopping with me, but he still can't see it if it's not in front of his face.

This is just a fact of life...many can not see potential in a property. As a buyer I take advantage of that, and low bid for a place that is not immaculate. As a seller, I eliminate objections before they can even be raised. The three houses I've sold went very quickly, often at a price significantly higher than the Realtor was happy with. Hopefully this one will too.

IP

needing to get back to decluttering
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us