The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/young-people-have-their-own-lives-to-live-and-we-31253942.aspx

Subject:  Re: Spoiled Generation Date:  5/17/2014  7:48 PM
Author:  oceanbluela Number:  19125 of 19412

Young people have their own lives to live and we cannot forget that. They might move because of a job loss or maybe a better job in another state for that matter. If it takes an hour and fifteen minutes to move 8 miles, I'd surely think twice about it.

Hi Brooklyn1948,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry they decided they need a bigger house and might move. Oh well, at least you love your house and have people your own age around. If they do move, I know you'll miss having them so close. But maybe they won't be moving too far. Fingers crossed for that.

As I replied to inparadise, for us, our main consideration is that we want to be closer in from our current neighborhood. I want a little more action when I go out walking... stores and coffee places. And this current house was never my dream house. It's been great. But I am ready for a change. So is my partner, Sandi. It took her a little longer to get to that frame of mind. But I'm grateful she joined me on that page!

Vivienne
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us