The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-i-replied-to-inparadise-for-us-our-main-31254181.aspx

Subject:  Re: Spoiled Generation Date:  5/18/2014  6:02 AM
Author:  Brooklyn1948 Number:  19128 of 19257

As I replied to inparadise, for us, our main consideration is that we want to be closer in from our current neighborhood. I want a little more action when I go out walking... stores and coffee places. And this current house was never my dream house. It's been great. But I am ready for a change. So is my partner, Sandi. It took her a little longer to get to that frame of mind. But I'm grateful she joined me on that page!

Good for you! Sounds like you are moving for all the right reasons.
If my daughter moves, well, so be it. We LOVE our little house and we especially love our neighbors. People here are so nice that I ask myself "what's in the water". As a former New Yorker I am surprised at the kindness of my neighbors as this did not happen in any other place that we've lived in the past 43 years.
Our granddaughters will both be in school full-time in two years and they will be busy all day. My daughter wants to get back to work full-time and she will be busy and we rarely see our son-in-law as he is always working too.
We will have to find things to do for ourselves and there's plenty of opportunity to do that here in this town. (we have our name on a waiting list for a puppy!)
I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you have a wonderful life ahead of you!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us