The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  taxes Date:  6/18/2014  7:42 AM
Author:  bluemoth Number:  121011 of 127549


I have a simple question. When you sell a stock, do you have to report the capital gain in filings for state taxes or only for federal tax purpose?

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us