The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Falling Knives

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-posted-the-same-message-on-three-different-32028753.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Interesting propaganda on oil storage Date:  12/11/2015  2:12 AM
Author:  physdude Number:  15713 of 16736

I just posted the same message on three different boards since I thought people in all these venues might be interested. Perhaps in the future I should post once and link to that message on other boards. I have seen it done both ways here.

Posting it three times does not make it more likely of course but you left out the key word "fairly sure" in your statement which makes it look like I was asserting a statement of fact rather than probabilities. I think it is obvious that no one can glean the intentions of any other with certainty but can use facts to infer some information about them.

I think the likelihood of the assertion based on facts just went up given the BNN response to my email of adding a note to the news story stating that the actual capacity on Sept. 2015 is 551 million barrels rather than the correct figure of 651 million barrels stated both in my email and in the EIA figures. This does not seem to be consistent with it being an innocent mistake. I am still waiting for a response to my further reply to them asking them as to why they have a different figure compared to the EIA in their update.

I think also that my point that it is likely deliberate disinformation being spread regarding this subject be of interest to some investors. Of course, if this chief investment strategist or BNN go on to actually correct their earlier assertions and use the easily available correct figures (especially that BNN has now agreed that they are aware that the original figure was wrong), then the likelihood that it was deliberately erroneous goes down substantially.
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us