The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-fifth-age-of-macintosh-what-happens-if-apple-33047022.aspx

Subject:  Re: Take the Fifth! - Sure! Date:  4/24/2018  3:54 PM
Author:  HaltCatchFire Number:  208438 of 208488

The fifth age of Macintosh: what happens if Apple dumps Intel?

From what I've seen, Apple has no such plans to do this because making this change would require paying attention to the Macintosh product line. They've made no meaningful improvement to the product in years; arguably the last "update" to the hardware was a step backwards.

I usually recommend to people wanting a new PC that they look at Windows offerings. There are some interesting things going on in that space and the price point is far lower. I needed a new PC of my own in 2016, looked really hard to find a Mac that met my needs, and ended up with a Dell instead. Except for the Dell power supply, a petty annoyance, I'm very happy with the unit.

DD is in high school and primarily uses a Chromebook issued to her by the school. It does 95% of what she needs. This is the real threat to the Mac product line, a generation of kids who never needed a PC in the first place.

Regards,

- HCF
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us