The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Apple

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/about-that-same-time-frame-as-i-looked-for-a-new-33047323.aspx

Subject:  Re: Take the Fifth! - Sure! Date:  4/24/2018  9:57 PM
Author:  wecoguy Number:  208439 of 208537

About that same time frame as I looked for a new Mac, I gave up, but rather that toss all my software, start over, I bought a rebuilt Late 2012 12 core Mac Pro, e/w 32 Gb Ram from OWC, it had a 1 Tb HD, but I didn't need it as all I had to do was roll all 4 HD's from my elderly Mac Pro. Rebooted, came right up, I had to update a few things as I went to High Sierra, but O put the new 1 Tb HD into my old 8 core Mac Pro, sold it to a friend.. Recently updated the screen to a new 32" Dell from Costco for $200..

No need for anything in the pC world, I left all that ASAP once I retired in 2002.. DW's new 27" iMac has been flawless... But I like the big case of the 'cheese grater' MacPro.. An 11" MacBook Air hangs around for our travel times, all are up to date, likely no need to move on for a long time..

As an AAPL investor it has worked great, dividends more than cover our upgrades, just need to find a way to justify an Apple Watch, and some AirPods to replace my PowerBeas wireless earbuds..

GO Apple!
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us