A Foolish Interview with TMFUltraLong Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Does ethics or 'socially responsible investing' have a place in your investment approach? How so? How not?
TMFUltraLong: Generally not...my friends know me as the Eric Cartman of the investing world. I see every year how well the Vice Fund performs and I just can't see why I'd change my investing style if some of the easiest "gimme's" are in the non-socially responsible sectors.
The Fool: Have you had a brush with fame, the proverbial '15 minutes'? Tell us about it.
TMFUltraLong: Funny you ask... I just started writing for the Motley Fool two months ago and now I'm part of their staff. I finally have my name in print, that counts for 15 minutes of fame right? We'll see where that leads won't we?
The Fool: What was the most significant discovery of the last century?
TMFUltraLong: The computer... how on Earth would we be able to connect with each other without this great piece of machinery. Notice I didn't say the internet because nothing would be possible without the advent on the computer.
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
TMFUltraLong: That housing prices do not indeed go up forever.
The Fool: What's your favorite Fool message board?
TMFUltraLong: I generally stick with CAPS more than anything. I admit to avoiding most of the politically loaded boards.
The Fool: Given a second chance, what financial decision would you like to do over?
TMFUltraLong: Buying my condo. I purchased it in July of 2007...talk about wanting a do-over. I could probably purchase this place for 25% less than I paid for it now.
The Fool: Tell us about your first date. Who was it with and where did you go? (Remember, this is a family show!) ;)
TMFUltraLong: I'm pretty sure I went bowling and then to Starbucks... we're talking a long while ago and remember I'm getting old now.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFUltraLong: Oh just a little known company named Wells Fargo. I purchased front-month puts against Wells Fargo just before the banks began to go sour in 2007. It's rare for WFC to move very much so when it began moving the puts really took off in value. It was actually a very rare pure technical play.
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
TMFUltraLong: No favorite in general. The community has heard me talk about Netsol and Mad Catz pretty often, but there are plenty of great companies still to be discovered and talked about.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
TMFUltraLong: I really spend my time on 4 websites... here, facebook, yahoo finance, and yahoo fantasy football.. I get all my basics covered that way.
Go to TMFUltraLong's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z