A Foolish Interview with TMFTruth2Power Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Your most heroic moment in life?
TMFTruth2Power: Rescuing my sister from drowning when I was about 11 or 12. And yet, she still gives me grief!
The Fool: Given a second chance, what financial decision would you like to do over?
TMFTruth2Power: This one's tough: In my early days of investing, I had several buys that I didn't research/think through thoroughly enough, and several sells that I should have hung onto (including BWLD and LQDT). The one, though, that immediately jumps to mind is buying SSCCQ while it was in bankruptcy. Classic rookie mistake.
The Fool: Tell us about your first date. Who was it with and where did you go? (Remember, this is a family show!) ;)
TMFTruth2Power: My first date was with a gal named Daisy, and we went to some sort of fair or other at her high school.
The Fool: If you could be the CEO of any public company, which one and why?
TMFTruth2Power: Cedar Fair, LP (NYSE: FUN). I could run a bunch of amusement parks, come up with rides...and ride them all for free! It would be awesome.
The Fool: What's the best product you use that most people don't know about?
TMFTruth2Power: Metamucil Cinnamon Fiber Cookies. They taste great and are loaded with fiber! Made by Proctor and Gamble (PG), which (full disclosure) I own.
The Fool: In what way would society be different if bears had become the dominant sentient species?
TMFTruth2Power: Well, we'd all have Teddy Humans as well as keeping our honey in little plastic Honey Humans, and the largest Dow company would be a restaurant selling pic-a-nic baskets.
The Fool: To what extent has your financial success, or lack thereof, been the result of luck versus skill?
TMFTruth2Power: 50-50. I lucked out in coming into the market in July 2009, just a few months after it hit bottom. Since then, I've made some wise plays and some (small-f) foolish ones. Once I learned to lean more heavily towards Fool recommendations, I did much better, although I did have a run of bad luck with one particularly virulent batch of Stock Advisor Best Buys Now.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFTruth2Power: In terms of financial gain, AAPL, which just became a four-bagger for me. It was a Best Buy Now for STOCK ADVISOR in my first issue after I joined, and my wife liked the idea of owning it, too. She's out right now purchasing an iPhone, so I suppose it worked out for both of us!
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
TMFTruth2Power: HFC. Holly Frontier Corp. It's an oil refiner (not driller), so it makes its money on the "crack spread" between the cost of oil and the cost of gas. Gas prices are up, up, up! If oil prices rise, they go up further. Great business model: when your raw material cost is low, you make money; when it's high, you still make money!
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
TMFTruth2Power: www.fool.com, of course, and the ubiquitous facebook.com. In this campaign season, I've been keeping tabs on RealClearPolitics.com and 270towin.com.
Go to TMFTruth2Power's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z