A Foolish Interview with TMF42 Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: In what way would society be different if bears had become the dominant sentient species?
TMF42: Honey-glazed salmon would replace lobster and caviar at fine dining establishments everywhere.
The Fool: To what extent has your financial success, or lack thereof, been the result of luck versus skill?
TMF42: Luck has certainly played a larger role than I care to admit. While I can't control my investing results, I can control my investing process. I've hade my greates success when I do my own digging on my own ideas. When I "borrow" an idea from elsewhere, I find my self blinded to the oncoming risks. I've learned to let everyone else enjoy their own wins - mine will come as a result of my own process. No shortcuts here.
The Fool: Tell us an amusing anecdote about your childhood.
TMF42: When I was a youngin' I trapped my older sister in the sofabed. We were folding each other up and "pretending" to sink the bed into the open hole. I wasn't strong enough and she got trapped - screaming and probably short of air. All is well now - and I do pushups all the time to make sure I am never too weak again.
The Fool: What do you fear most?
TMF42: Getting old and inactive.
The Fool: If you could change one thing about your workplace, corporate culture, or family life, what would it be?
TMF42: I would apply the two hours I spend commuting each day directly to time with my beautiful wife.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMF42: Darling International (DAR) has been pretty good. I love small, boring and ugly stocks - that one fits the bill.
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
TMF42: Man, check out the culture of Lincoln Electric (LECO). Talk about results.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
TMF42: www.raysbaseball.com
www.buccaneers.com
www.fool.com
http://aswathdamodaran.blogspot.com/
Go to TMF42's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z