A Foolish Interview with XMFGuruEbby Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Given a second chance, what financial decision would you like to do over?
XMFGuruEbby: Avoiding debt while in my 20s, and maybe scaling back the money spent on a wedding that didn't ultimately last. Hindsight 20/20 and all that
The Fool: Have you had a brush with fame, the proverbial '15 minutes'? Tell us about it.
XMFGuruEbby: Not yet, though I hope to someday be important enough to have one.
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
XMFGuruEbby: I wish that I had been a bit better with my money over the past decade and be a bit more budget conscious. As I begin my 30s, I find that I am recovering from a lot of bad financial decisions made in my 20s. I also wish that I had been invested in the market a bit more a decade ago.
The Fool: What was your first educational exposure to investing?
XMFGuruEbby: Classes in college primarily, though nothing specific about investing.
The Fool: Tell us about Your Dumbest Investment... and the lesson you learned from it.
XMFGuruEbby: I tried to make a quick buck on Blockbuster prior to their announced bankruptcy. I purchased a lot of shares cheap and held on a bit too long. Fortunately, it wasn't a huge loss though it could have been prevented. It taught me not to chase after quick returns and to become more of a patient investor.
Go to XMFGuruEbby's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z