A Foolish Interview with XMFMcNew Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: To what extent has your financial success, or lack thereof, been the result of luck versus skill?
XMFMcNew: I would say that luck has been a pretty big part of my success, in that I come from a pretty not-well off and financially unconcerned family, and have still somehow found a love for finance. From getting into the finance world and beyond, I would say skill, and determination above all, have been the success factors.
The Fool: Tell us an amusing anecdote about your childhood.
XMFMcNew: When I was about 8, I used to clean peoples houses for money (starting with my siblings chores and moving onto peoples houses). I made a good amount of money this way, but would save most of it. Then my siblings would want to borrow money so I always lent it to them, keeping a detailed log of how much each sibling owed me (never interest bearing, what kind of brother do you think I am?)
The Fool: What do you fear most?
XMFMcNew: Boredom.
The Fool: If you could change one thing about your workplace, corporate culture, or family life, what would it be?
XMFMcNew: I've been extremely lucky to work in various places around the world in really fun jobs. I just wish I could bring my nephew and nieces along with me. Otherwise, I constantly set my own workplace, so if it's not what I want, I just change it.
The Fool: What on Wall Street today is most suited for reform?
XMFMcNew: Clothing. Not in a vain kind of way, but any culture in which someone shows their worth, skill, or respectability based on something arbitrary like the expense of their suit, or how bad their shoes are for their posture, is a culture that is in need of reform back to sensibility. More sensibility will then lead to better decisions financially, and less volatility when people realize that maybe they should have put that money to work in investments instead of on an Armani suit.
Go to XMFMcNew's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z