A Foolish Interview with bhs58 Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
bhs58: How dividend stocks can get you through the tough down and sideways markets. Find the ones that pay always and understand even when the stock goes down by reinvesting you get the stock at a better price while you wait for the market to turn.
The Fool: What was your first educational exposure to investing?
bhs58: Really nothing but reading publications and watching bloomgerg and cnbc. My first "theory" was dogs of the dow which actually worked. Then I just bought Dell and AOL back in the mid 90s.
The Fool: Tell us about Your Dumbest Investment... and the lesson you learned from it.
bhs58: Too many to mention. Not doing the homework was number one lesson. When your beginning a lot of what you hear is over your head and you don't realize it.
The Fool: Speak to the dead. You must have something to say. They may be listening.
bhs58: Convert what you can to a Roth. It has been a life saver.
The Fool: Is there a public figure that inspires you?
bhs58: Everyone who was a success. When I retired in 96, I was on my own. didn't know what I was doing or why. The more I read about people who succeeded the better I became
The Fool: Would you rather be remembered as a person, a legend, or a myth?
bhs58: Just a person. Ive had too much dumb luck to be a legend.
The Fool: Who killed Kennedy?
bhs58: Probably the mob. Which one, who knows or who cares anymore. Its over
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
bhs58: Dell, AOL in 96. Made more money than at any time and had enough when things turned bad. Only wish I had gotten out a little sooner.
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
bhs58: I spent my career with ST. Paul Ins now the Travelers. It was a quality company with family values who treated their people well.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
bhs58: Schwab.com Fidelity.com yahoo finance. dividend detective. motley fool.
Go to bhs58's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z