A Foolish Interview with TMFZahrim Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Given a second chance, what financial decision would you like to do over?
TMFZahrim: Easy -- no student loans, dummy! 18-year-old Anders drank way too deeply from the student borrowings well...
The Fool: Is there a public figure that inspires you?
TMFZahrim: Steve Burns (http://www.steveswebpage.com). You try to follow hosting Blue's Clues and not go insane.
The Fool: What's the best restaurant you've ever been to? (Include name, location, and average bill for two.)
TMFZahrim: Chaplin's Pojke in Karlstad, Sweden. The best steaks I ever had, and I proposed to my wife there...
The Fool: Describe the most embarrassing personal moment you'll admit to!
TMFZahrim: Playing an evil wizard in a high school project movie, I donned my evil robe to the rhythms of Right Said Fred. Guess the song.
The Fool: Briefly explain how you select stocks.
TMFZahrim: Each one is different, but...

For 30% of my portfolio, I screen for deep values in large, stable companies, then dig deeper in the best picks and settle for one.

For the rest, I run lots of other screens, read newsletters, and keep an eye on general financial news. If I find something that interests me, I look at that company and as many of its competitors I can muster. Sometimes I choose one, sometimes there's nothing there, and I move on.

I'd like to think of myself mostly as a Rule Breaker, financially and in life.
The Fool: What product would you like to see us offer at FoolMart -- www.foolmart.com -- our online store?
TMFZahrim: Official jester caps!
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
TMFZahrim: Life really is like a box of chocolates: your never know what's gonna be left for you when it's your turn to pick.
The Fool: If you could go back in time and witness one event in history, what would you go back and see?
TMFZahrim: The creation of the Moon. Current theory: large asteroid impact tore off a chunk of Earth and settled down in orbit. Cool.
The Fool: What's your greatest athletic achievement? Little League champ? Ran a marathon? Did 4 consecutive sit-ups?
TMFZahrim: Took a far superior tennis player to three sets, with league rankings on the line, in 95-degree heat and with a bad back.
The Fool: Make a confession.
TMFZahrim: Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I have traded options. Naked options. Short-term. On margin! The margin call was no fun at all. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!
The Fool: As a former child and possibly parent of one now, share your best advice about raising children.
TMFZahrim: Låt dina blommor slå rot där det finns jordmån
Låt dina växter för leva där de trivs
LÃ¥s inte in dina plantor i ett drivhus
Låt dem få slippa ett onaturligt liv
Låt den du älskar få pröva sina vingar
En dag så flyger din älskade rätt
Vill du bli respekterad av din avbild
FÃ¥r du visa din avbild respekt
--"Ikaros," Bj�rn Afzelius

My translation:

Let your flowers take root where roots can grow well
Let your seedlings grow up where they belong
Don't lock your plants up inside a greenhouse
Spare them an unnatural life
Let the one you love try her wings
One day your love will fly true
If you want the respect of your offspring
You need to show your offspring respect
The Fool: Tell us about Your Dumbest Investment... and the lesson you learned from it.
TMFZahrim: Books A Million. I read one positive article by a Fool I respect, skipped the whole Due Diligence part, and dove in head first. Call it tuition for Investing 101.
The Fool: What do you fear most?
TMFZahrim: Never changing, ever again.
The Fool: What on Wall Street today is most suited for reform?
TMFZahrim: The ripoff of a business model run by traditional analysts, brokers and advisors. Their incentive structures lead to massive churn, and gain, loss or shareholder rights become afterthoughts.
The Fool: How do you define success?
TMFZahrim: Hey... I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my wife. And I wish you my kind of success. (Spot the movie!)
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFZahrim: Netflix, oh sweet Netflix. Rick Munarriz basically talked me into that one through a Foolish series of articles. Thanks a lot!
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
TMFZahrim: VOLVY -- trucks, airplane engines, bulldozers and spaceship parts. It all comes from my neck of the woods, and the stock gets no respect around here...
The Fool: What celebrity or public figure do you most resemble?
TMFZahrim: Jerry Ma-frickin'-guire! Not physically; just in mentality.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
TMFZahrim: http://www.gowrite.me -- my baby!
Go to TMFZahrim's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z