A Foolish Interview with TMFBane Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Given a second chance, what financial decision would you like to do over?
TMFBane: Boy, I wish I didn't buy that house years ago that I couldn't afford. We had just moved back from England, and I was desperate for a home. So, we impulsively bought a new house. Ultimately, we canceled the contract. It was a big debacle.
The Fool: Tell us about your first date. Who was it with and where did you go? (Remember, this is a family show!) ;)
TMFBane: For my first date, I went ice skating with a girl I knew from school. It was around Christmas time, and I intended to buy her "Toys in the Attic" as a present. I remember the album cost around $5.99, which was a small fortune for me back then.
The Fool: If you could be the CEO of any public company, which one and why?
TMFBane: If I could be CEO of any public company it would be the New York Times. I love content, and I'd be excited by the challenge of helping the company succeed in a digital world. I've always been a news junkie, so this would be perfect. I'm not sure that the NYT is the best investing idea at the moment (just to be clear).
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFBane: My best investment was probably Netflix. I bought at $10 and sold at $55. I had to sell the shares, by the way, as we had just bought a house (one that we ended up keeping!).
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
TMFBane: My favorite stock is Starbucks. I like everything about the company. Howard Schultz is someone I really admire. And I like that they are trying to make the world a better place.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
TMFBane: I have dozens of sites that I follow on a regular basis -- I'm a bit addicted to the Internet. My go-to ones are very obvious, however. I love Twitter, so I spend a lot of time there. And, of course, there's the New York Times (see above). I think the FT might be the best newspaper out there, so I visit their site a lot too. And I go to a lot of tech websites lately like Techcrunch and Pando Daily.
Go to TMFBane's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z