A Foolish Interview with UpasakhaJason Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: In what way would society be different if bears had become the dominant sentient species?
UpasakhaJason: The northern hemisphere would be very quiet around Christmas.
The Fool: What was your first educational exposure to investing?
UpasakhaJason: I had an economics course in college, but the information on investing was extremely limited. When I was younger, I thought it was all boring, but extremely important. As I got older, and started seeing retirement creeping a little closer, I really wish I had learned more about it earlier on.
The Fool: If you had to pick an existing song title that best describes your life, what would it be?
UpasakhaJason: "Big Time" by Peter Gabriel. My education and career have already taken me farther than I ever hoped I would go, but having gotten this far, I know I can go farther.
The Fool: Tell us about Your Dumbest Investment... and the lesson you learned from it.
UpasakhaJason: I've never invested before. I don't know how to pick good stocks, though at least getting halfway through Motley Fool's "Investment Guide" and a few pages of "Million Dollar Portfolio," I know that some picks, no matter now nice they look, will be losers. I'm hoping to learn here.
The Fool: Would you rather be remembered as a person, a legend, or a myth?
UpasakhaJason: A person, definitely. I'm not interested in being some abstract thing that people think about for inspiration. I want to be the guy that invited you to the barbecue and talked woodworking or gardening.
The Fool: Make a confession.
UpasakhaJason: I know what I want to do with my money, but no idea how to do it, and that's terrifying. I'm not used to not knowing how to get where I want to go.
The Fool: Given a second chance, what financial decision would you like to do over?
UpasakhaJason: I would spend a little more time learning about investment and finance.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
UpasakhaJason: I've never made an investment, but I want to start.
The Fool: Do you have a favorite company or stock which the worldwide Foolish community should know about -- and why?
UpasakhaJason: None yet.
The Fool: List some of your favorite websites, with commentary where appropriate. (Please provide the URLs, too.)
UpasakhaJason: http://lesswrong.com/ -- This is a community devoted to improving human rationality. It spends a great deal of effort addressing cognitive fallacies and using Bayes' Theorem to improve reasoning. <br /><br />http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ -- Mathematics is an ongoing interest of mine.
Go to UpasakhaJason's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z