A Foolish Interview with TMFVelvetHammer Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What was the most significant discovery of the last century?
TMFVelvetHammer: Genetic code. Two centuries from now we will retrospectively look like cave-people in terms of the advances in medical treatment and disease. It will be that significant.
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
TMFVelvetHammer: Spend less. Invest more.
The Fool: Tell us an amusing anecdote about your childhood.
TMFVelvetHammer: No.
The Fool: Are we alone in the universe? If not, where is everybody?
TMFVelvetHammer: Who? Just you and me? Come on, there's BILLIONS of us. Or am I hearing the voices again?
The Fool: As you were growing up (or now, raising children), did your family have any distinctive rituals or practices others might do well to emulate?
TMFVelvetHammer: No. We had lots of bad habits that I love to this day, though.
The Fool: What has been your best work experience, and what made it so great?
TMFVelvetHammer: Blogging for the Fool. www.beta.fool.com/elihpaudio. It's like David Gardner says on his profile, "We're playing for the history books." Having a (hopefully) positive impact on other investors is awesome.
The Fool: Tell us about your greatest personal success, not necessarily finance related.
TMFVelvetHammer: Marrying my wife. She's the smartest person I know and the rudder that guides our life's direction. She say's that she's the CFO, and I am the CEO. I set the strategic vision, and she figures out how to pay for it!
The Fool: In what way would society be different if bears had become the dominant sentient species?
TMFVelvetHammer: There would be no wars in winter. Too much sleeping. All the rampant unethical behavior in the investment and banking world wouldn't have happened- the other bears would have killed the bad guys- not let them get away scot-free... <br /><br />There would probably be a honey futures exchange. And it would be a smarter investment than oil or gold...
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFVelvetHammer: KMX- I received the shares when it split from Circuit City about a decade ago. It was the only stock I held for years- mainly because I actually had the certificates, and they were locked in a safe deposit box so it was too much trouble to sell them. When I decided it was time to invest in the market again a few years ago, I dug them out and realized they had increased in value much more than I knew. While I have made more money on other stocks, and over a shorter time-frame, it was holding that stock for years, and seeing a solid return, that reinforced that I needed to be invested in stocks, and for years and years.
Go to TMFVelvetHammer's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z