A Foolish Interview with jhogue99 Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What's the best advice you've ever received?
jhogue99: Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. We needlessly worry about too many of the details in life. Worry about the big stuff and the rest will fall into place.
The Fool: What industry do you follow most closely and why?
jhogue99: I spend a lot of my time on real estate, through REIT analysis and sourcing development deals. I also spend a considerable amount of time watching the U.S. energy story, especially relating to MLPs.
The Fool: What's your greatest athletic achievement? Little League champ? Ran a marathon? Did 4 consecutive sit-ups?
jhogue99: Never did much in school but played soccer and ran track. Scored a 300/300 in the Marine Corps fitness test (20 pull-ups, 100 sit-ups and 3-miles in 18 minutes)
The Fool: How'd you find out about the Fool? (Make your answer as colorful and truthful as possible.)
jhogue99: The question strikes me as a little ridiculous. For someone in investing, it's like asking, "How'd you find out about Google?"
The Fool: Briefly explain how you select stocks.
jhogue99: A top-down approach, analyzing macro-economic forces that will benefit specific sectors. Then fundamental valuation for specific picks.
The Fool: What is your favorite techno gadget?
jhogue99: I'll let you know when it's invented.
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
jhogue99: Invested in Fannie Mae early 2012 at $0.30 per share. By that time, it was obvious that housing was rebounding and that there was no way the government would be able to do away with the GSEs. Still a good investment around $4.00 a share.
Go to jhogue99's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z