A Foolish Interview with okapimoon Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Make a confession.
okapimoon: Sometimes, I buy cookies, and hide them so that no one but I (not boyfriend or dogs) know they are in existence within the house. Furthermore, I am very bad at sharing chocolate (and the dogs can't have any anyway)(but evenso...)(it is a minor flaw...)
The Fool: What's your greatest athletic achievement? Little League champ? Ran a marathon? Did 4 consecutive sit-ups?
okapimoon: Running a marathon, although most certainly, not running a fast marathon. Have run four marathons in last decade, starting running only after age (@#*..--)(a number I won't say outloud or put in writing except on official docs): Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Death Valley (my personal favorite). Now, however, only run halfs. Much more doable, more fun, easier to train for, and quicker recovery. On the other hand, now that I think of it, for one of my birthdays during same time period, boyfriend bought me a weekend rock-climbing class in Joshua Tree, and a year or two later another RC class that due to limited enrollment turned out to be a private class, and I have to say, rock-climbing absolutely rivals marathon running as an athletic achievement, marathons, more for endurance, rock-climbing more for strength, balance, strategy, and facing fear.
The Fool: What lesson do you wish you’d learned ten years ago?
okapimoon: It's never too late to go back to art school, along with the corollary lesson, community college is an awesome place to learn, at any age, and one of the best deals in town... as long as public education stays public.
The Fool: What is your favorite techno gadget?
okapimoon: Besides the lift off can-opener, I also especially like the corn-zipper and the mango seed remover. Not to mention my Garmin GPS step by step driving assistant and iphone internet everywhere access.
The Fool: Have you had a brush with fame, the proverbial '15 minutes'? Tell us about it.
okapimoon: My fifteen minutes of fame came when a children's book I wrote and illustrated got a half page review with pictures in the New York Times. At the time I subscribed to the book review and read it every weekend. I opened that week's review up to the children's section, not expecting to see my own book, but was greeted by pictures that looked especially similar to my style of drawing. "Wow," I thought, "What artist has a style so similar to my own?" before studying the text and illustrations a little more judiciously to discover the drawings (and book) *were* indeed my own.
The Fool: What was the most significant discovery of the last century?
okapimoon: Next to both internet and iphone, I would say it has to be the lift off can-opener that takes the top of a can leaving a smooth edge on which you can no longer cut your fingers when cleaning the can after feeding the dog before tossing it into recycle bin. I also especially like the click to open car key accessory and am hoping a similar safe and secure click and unlock homekey will soon be on the market.
Go to okapimoon's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z