A Foolish Interview with TMFWizard Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What's your favorite activity (within the realm of good taste)?
TMFWizard: If you get a bathtub and then fill it with Cool Whip, and then you.....oh, wait.....did you say within the realm of good taste???<BR><BR>Huh.....hmmmmm.......never mind.
The Fool: If you could go back in time and witness one event in history, what would you go back and see?
TMFWizard: Warren Buffett, the noted investor, had this to say in the Nov. 22, 1999 issue of Fortune magazine:<BR>"...the money that had been made since the dawn of aviation by all of this country's airline companies was zero. Absolutely zero. Sizing all this up, I like to think that if I'd been at Kitty Hawk in 1903 when Orville Wright took off, I would have been far-sighted enough, and public-spirited enough to shoot him down. I mean, Karl Marx couldn't have done as much damage to capitalists as Orville did."<BR><BR>I like to think that if I could go back and time and witness this event......I would shoot Warren Buffett's kneecaps off.<BR><BR>Call me crazy, but I think the Orville and Wilbur's contribution has had a greater positive impact on the planet than anything Warren's done. Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
The Fool: Does ethics or 'socially responsible investing' have a place in your investment approach? How so? How not?
TMFWizard: It actually doesn't, but not for the usual reasons. Some people don't do "socially responsible investing" because the returns are not that great. Some don't do it because they choose other venues (charity, etc.) in which to be socially responsible.<BR><BR>I don't do it for the simple fact that I possess no ethics nor a shred of social responsibility.
The Fool: What, in your opinion, are some of life's big mysteries?
TMFWizard: The existence of life in outer space, the presence (or lack thereof) of a higher being or god, and how stuff glows in the dark.
The Fool: Give a short description of your best and/or worst vacation.
TMFWizard: I don't know why my parents thought a trip to "The World's Biggest Ant Farm" was a good idea. Then again, maybe they meant to smear me in honey. Oh well.
The Fool: Make a confession.
TMFWizard: I, Chris Hill, smash bugs with both malice and forethought.
The Fool: What's the best advice you've ever received?
TMFWizard: My paternal grandfather died at the age of 98. He'd dedicated his life to medicine and helping to advance the health standards of a relatively poor state (Maine) by building up the medical centers statewide.<BR><BR>I went to visit him during his last days. As I stood to leave he pulled me close and said, "Chris, whatever you do.....never share good advice."
The Fool: Share with us your best money-saving secret -- cutting coupons, sneaking candy into the movies, shopping on Wednesday and pretending you're over 65?
TMFWizard: "Stealing" is a word that is open to wide interpretation.
The Fool: When you aren't working or sitting in front of the computer, what occupies your time?
TMFWizard: Music, cooking, a bit of exercise, home improvement, and convincing others that yes, in fact, "The Godfather" IS the greatest movie ever made.
Go to TMFWizard's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z