A Foolish Interview with TMFBreakerRick Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: What was the most significant discovery of the last century?
TMFBreakerRick: The time machine -- ooops, we didn't discover that for another three centuries. Wait. I don't think I was supposed to reveal that.
The Fool: If you could be the CEO of any public company, which one and why?
TMFBreakerRick: It would definitely be a troubled company where the potential is there but simply not being executed. Rainforest Cafe for sure. But also everything from eToys to Six Flags to DrKoop.com.
The Fool: What's your favorite Fool message board?
TMFBreakerRick: Dueling Fools. It's like the Love Boat or Fantasy Island of Fooldom. Every week a new cast moves in with an impassioned debate over the feature stock or topic. It's enlightening. Then, Wednesday rolls around and they're gone -- replaced by a new ad hoc community.
The Fool: What's the best restaurant you've ever been to? (Include name, location, and average bill for two.)
TMFBreakerRick: Home. No question. As lucky as I have been to dine in some really amazing and interesting places all over the world nothing beats dining on your own terms within earshot of all the creature comforts of family, space and time.
The Fool: What's your favorite movie, and why?
TMFBreakerRick: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory -- I know, I know, it's a kid flick! Still, to me, this one had it all. It had comedy. It had suspense. It had wit. It had chocolate. While I have a tender spot for more recent movies like It's a Beautiful Life or Dead Poets Society, Willy Wonka still reminds me of the holidays -- and what it's like to will something into reality through action.
The Fool: How'd you find out about the Fool? (Make your answer as colorful and truthful as possible.)
TMFBreakerRick: I was one of the early AOL users. Seriously. I had screen names like Don Shula and AristotleM before they came with numbers at the end. So I saw the Fool emerge, but I kept my distance at first. Why? I was Co-SysOp for GEnie's investor forum. Yet, I couldn't stay away. I had to belong. I had to be a Fool! So, like Dennis Rodman, I hit the boards. A post I wrote on how to save Discovery Zone won Post of the Day honors. A week later, I camped out at the Rainforest Cafe board until I was brought on as the Food Industry Host. That happened in October of 1995. Long live the Fool!
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFBreakerRick: Well, I'd be someone's sugar daddy if I had held on to CMGI when I first bought it in 1994. Unfortunately I sold way too soon. Oh, opportunity costs. A small investment that I actually saw through was American Savings & Loan of Florida. It was the bank where my wife and I opened our accounts when we were married. So, I figured, might as well bank on the bank. A couple of years later First Union bought it out for a cool five-bagger.
Go to TMFBreakerRick's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z