A Foolish Interview with TMFTortoise Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Does ethics or 'socially responsible investing' have a place in your investment approach? How so? How not?
TMFTortoise: I have to change this. A while back, I wrote that I wouldn't invest in tobacco stocks because I am so horribly allergic to the smoke and sucking smoke into one's lungs seems to me to be a silly pastime. However, I've since decided that if people are going to be stupid enough to do that, I might as well try to profit from it.

As for going for a SRI mutual fund, no. My agenda most likely will not match theirs.
The Fool: What, in your opinion, are some of life's big mysteries?
TMFTortoise: Where was I before I came into the world?

Will I come back or is there an afterlife or is this one shot it?
The Fool: What was the most significant discovery of the last century?
TMFTortoise: To me? That I had entered the world.

To others? I don't know.....the computer and miniaturization; atomic physics; DNA and recombinant technology.....there are so many and the rate keeps accelerating.
The Fool: Tell us an amusing anecdote about your childhood.
TMFTortoise: When I was in Boy Scouts, I went to one of the National Jamborees (a huge campout with Scouts from all over the country). We drove in a renovated school bus across the country and back.

On the way back home, the bus broke down in South Dakota on I-90. On a Friday night. We couldn't sleep on the bus, since one corner was jacked up (the wheel ball bearings had lost lubrication). I didn't have my sleeping bag with me (on top of the bus), so couldn't sleep too well in the chill.

The adults had gone to Pierre to find a mechanic willing to come out on a Friday night to fix the bus. A state patrolman stayed with us, watching over us while we slept. I couldn't sleep because of the cold and wind, so I decided to ask him if I could sit in his warm car for a while.

So I got up, wrapped the billowing sheet around me and walked over to the cop. When I tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and jumped back about 2 feet. The wind made the sheet blow around me and he thought he had seen a ghost. I didn't laugh at him, though, 'cause I wanted to sit in his car, which he let me do.
The Fool: What's the one thing you'd MOST like to see The Motley Fool add to our service or improve upon?
TMFTortoise: The ability to ignore threads that contain a keyword.
Go to TMFTortoise's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z