A Foolish Interview with TMFCop Add to My Favorite Fools Add to My Penalty Box

Take me back to where I was.
Click here to edit your Interview.
Find another Fool's Interview:
The Fool: Does ethics or 'socially responsible investing' have a place in your investment approach? How so? How not?
TMFCop: Absolutely not! I enjoy investing in rapacious, cancer-causing, politically incorrect companies. If I could find a stock represented by the various vices in Walter Block's "Defending the Undefendable" I'd buy them all.
The Fool: Is there a public figure that inspires you?
TMFCop: Hahahahahaha! I'm sorry. I shouldn't laugh. Hahahahahahaha! No really, I'm sorry.
The Fool: What is your most distressing regret?
TMFCop: You mean in investing, right? Not Sally Hancock in 11th grade? Well, that would have to be waiting so long to start investing in the first place. I didn't get going until my mid- to late-30's and have so many years to make up for.
The Fool: How'd you find out about the Fool? (Make your answer as colorful and truthful as possible.)
TMFCop: Oh so many years ago I had heard about this site where people poked fun at the market. I recall reading through it and saying, "These guys are nuts! Why are they so against 'nice and safe' mutual funds?" Took me a little while longer to read more deeply into the site to see that these guys who called themselves "Fools" actually weren't quite so foolish after all.
The Fool: In what way would society be different if bears had become the dominant sentient species?
TMFCop: There would be scratching posts for our backs on every corner -- kinda like Starbucks for bears -- honey would top the food pyramid, and the lyrics to "Running Bear" would be on the tongues of the populace.
The Fool: What's the one thing you'd MOST like to see The Motley Fool add to our service or improve upon?
TMFCop: A functional search engine where you could like, you know, get results in chronological order, or any kind of order, or even have some close relevance to what you searched for. Damn! Looks like they finally did this. Now what can I complain about? Where's the "My Portfolio" function?!?
The Fool: What's been your best investment to date, and how did you discover it?
TMFCop: Goodyear and Digital River are running neck and neck. GT because I wrote a LOT of articles about its accounting snafus and then realized the company was getting better, and DRIV was a pure mechanical screen purchase.

Nowadays it's GameStop and Dolby. I got GME by having purchased Electronics Boutique and quite honestly I don't remember why I bought it to begin with. Might have been because it was a Stock Advisor pick but I just don't recall anymore.

Dolby was definitely because it was recommended by Stock Advisor. As soon as I read the recommendation, it was a forehead slapping moment: Duh! What an obviously good investment. And it's been paying off handsomely ever since.
Go to TMFCop's Profile
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z