No. of Recommendations: 1
A) a lot of people don't want their tax dollars going to support religious schools…

When the public schools stop observing December 25 as a school holiday, I'll accept that they don't have a religious bias. In the mean time, my tax dollars already go to schools that teach what I view as inappropriate values. Of course I also don't endorse islam or catholicism (or satanism, for that matter!), but so long as those schools meet some minimum standard for teaching secular subjects (math, english, etc.), I'm okay with public funding.

and particularly religious schools that practice segregation.

That's easily dealt with by banning payments to such institutions. (You do realize that the US is full of colleges and universities that receive government funding despite being formally religious?)

Unless and until this is corrected for…

Then you should welcome my proposal to eliminate public schools entirely. Because that would likewise eliminate the problem of public schools being forced to take those "horrible, trouble-making students." Perhaps schools accepting vouchers could be obligated to accept any students who apply?

You make these problems sound intractable, when in fact they are almost trivial.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement