UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LonghornBoy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41614  
Subject: A big heartfelt thank you... Date: 10/15/2007 4:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 35
Well, I've settled into my hotel here in Switzerland after about 15 hrs of travel; and I want to take an opportunity say 'Thanks!' to everyone involved in the conference that we just wrapped up.

RGAnthony: You did a fantastic job organizing everything. The facilities, dinners and associated logistics came together quite nicely. If this whole investing thing doesn't work out for you, I think you've got a bright future as an event planner.

BuildMWell: Thanks for sharing your ideas and approach with all of us and providing the foundation for the BMW Method. While you freely admit that it's evolving and changing over time, I found some real nuggets of wisdom in your presentations. Frankly, I'm not sure what I like best: Your insight or your self-depricating self of humor. Either way, don't change!

StuyvesantGrad70 and ReadMNReap: aka the 'Media Production Group'. I think I can safely say thanks from everyone - not only the conference attendees, but everyone else who will benefit from your work around capturing the sights and sounds of the BMW Method.

mklein, Fafar, Sheridan and others: Thanks for all of the work that you've put in building tools to help facilitate not only the BMW Method, but to also help us all make better investment decisions. In a way, you all were the unsung heroes of the conference. Coming from a software development background, I appreciate all of the work and dedication that you've put into this. My hat's off to you.

Adiabatic, IcyWolf, Iseevalue, Ponch73, TMFMurph, TMFJamesEarly, Jokingme and others: Great presentations, one and all. At no point did I find myself thinking "Man, that was a real stinker." (although I did wonder why Icy sometimes addressed himself in the third person, but I digress...). Like Jim's presentations, I found a lot of value in seeing the processes and approaches that you all use when vetting out stock picks or managing options.

To everyone else: Thanks for making this MI'er feel like a part of the group. I enjoyed getting to know everyone and am looking forward to interacting with you all in the future. In addition, you confirmed my suspicion that this isn't an investment club with a drinking problem...Instead, it's a drinking club with an investment problem.

Thanks again and best regards,
LonghornBoy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement