No. of Recommendations: 2
A bit of follow-up on bond commissions.

At Fido and IB, commish is a buck a bond, no ticket min. At Schwab, the same buck a bond, but a ticket min of $10. Ouch! On a separate matter, I had a meeting with a Schwab rep this morning and also hammered on him hard about getting Schwab to match what Fido and IB offer. But his superiors wouldn't budge.

Schwab runs a good bond desk. I've got no problems with finding inventory through them. But they just aren't as good a fixed-income shop as they could be, likely because Chuck hates bonds, and that attitude controls corporate culture. The separate matter was stock commissions, and I managed to score ten years of free trading due to being a former Scottrade client whom Schwab is trying to woo away from TD.

So, win one; lose one. Scwhab will get my stock business. Fido and IB will continue to get my bond business.

Arindam
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement