UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: dakotaKid35 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 426  
Subject: Re: Advice sought Date: 10/9/2009 4:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A couple of my quick freezer restockers. I don't really measure, so I'm guessing at the amounts, but should be pretty close.

Cook some chicken breasts (I grab the big family pack and either grill or roast them all, have a couple for dinner and then shred or dice the rest and use that for these.

Any chicken that's left over, I just shred and freeze. This can be pulled out, thawed and mixed with prepared BBQ sauce and stuck on buns and topped with some cheese for pulled chicken sandwiches (not as good as the real thing, but servicable in a pinch).

Chicken pesto torilla pizza
----------------------------
- Flour torillas
- Pesto (if I'm in a hurry and/or don't have basil the store bought ones aren't bad)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cooked chicken (see above)
- Tomatoes

Spread out aluminum foil twice the size of your tortilla
Stick a 6-8 inch flour tortilla on each foil
Spread pesto on each tortilla
Cover with cheese
Add shredded chicken and diced tomatoes
Wrap with the foil
I bag them in gallon ziplock - 4-6 per bag - and stick them in the freezer. Pull them out and grill on medium heat or stick in a 400* oven for about 10-12 minutes.

Chicken Chili
-------------
- Olive Oil
- Onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 14-16 oz Can of Chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 14-16 oz can of diced tomatos
- 1-2 tsp summer savory
- salt/pepper (maybe about 1/2 tsp each?)
- 1 lb shredded chicken breast
- large (?30 oz) can of chili beans

Saute onion and garlic for a couple minutes in some olive oil. Add chili powder and cook for another minute or so. Dump in everything else. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement