UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63382  
Subject: A day in the life of a slacker Date: 9/28/2012 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 21
Nana sits in the comfy chair communicating with the online peeps while my husband teaches computer science to college students, half of whom are female. We're planning to embrace Social Security and Medicare in a year or so--we feel so entitled!

My daughter's at grad school, TAing, doing homework, and working with a partner on a grant, coming home early as usual on Fridays for extra playtime with her son. My SIL's presenting a paper at a scientific conference in Amsterdam and has been away since Tuesday. I did the shopping and cooking this week so DD could spend a little more time with her son. I fixed lots of extra so there are many meals stashed for my grandson when dinner is delayed due to hard-working parents. I am so ashamed to be such a taker--why I'm such a loser, I'm not even earning a paycheck, much less a middle class ($200-250k) living off my investments. Romney will never convince me to take care of my life!

In my grandson's bedroom until a few minutes ago (when she took them to baby gym class) are his nanny, a loving and energetic caregiver from the Dominican Republic, and DGS's nannyshare partner, a beautiful biracial girl whose mother is Panamanian. Si si si, Rowan and Schuyler understand and speak a little Spanish. On Wednesdays when the children's grandparents take care of them, Mina cleans the neighbors' apartment and picks up their girls after school--she used to be their nanny and is still close to the family. Have I mentioned she also does a lot of cleaning, laundry, emptying the dishwasher in DD's apartment while caring for 2 toddlers. What a lazy woman she must be--she isn't rich! Have I mentioned she's 50 years old and has worked hard every day of her life since childhood? She's here legally and is a licensed caregiver--not that Romney-Ryan care about the likes of her. Even though women like Mina make it possible for others to get an education and be in the workforce while raising children.

Meanwhile my son and his GF are dedicated public school teachers (what losers!), my niece & her new husband and my nephew and his GF all make a living in the arts (leeches!). My 68-year-old aunt still runs her bookkeeping business while her 84-year-old husband makes heavy use of Medicare, especially the increased drug benefit established by W. He worked low-end sales jobs, was a messenger "boy," and never saved a penny. He did serve in Korea, but I don't think Gekko-Galt care about that either.

While we aren't in the 47%, I'm pretty sure Romney and Ryan don't give a siht about any of us either. Even the entrepreneurs in the family are beneath his notice, not being in the 1% by net worth. None of us are financiers like him or lifelong housewives like his wife.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement