Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Gigaman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8418  
Subject: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 1:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
To post or not to post...

Lately I have been on a bit of a run with having some posts rec'd fairly high. In my last 23 posts I have 235 recs. So with a post:rec ratio higher than 10, that should put me in position to earn a blue little crown by my name - signifying my importance to the TMF community.

Unfortunately I have to wait for the dry spell previous to that to run it's course before receiving my prize. In the total last month, I simply have a paltry 5:1 ratio - Blech!! If I had only known to avoid those boards with little traffic back in early February!! I place the blame on the Great Movies board for wasting my precious posts there with little recognition! As it is, I have to wait to be crowned around the 28th of March - or about 3 weeks from now.

Now the dilemma comes in. What if my hot streak ends? To ensure my crown, I could simply stop posting for the next three weeks. Then I could proudly parade through several boards, brilliantly showing my wonderful achievement before dilution takes effect and removes my crown again.

I just have to make sure to avoid diluted my posts before that glorious moment. Crap! I didn't even think about the fact that this post just put my rec:post ratio back under 10! Damn! That may not be enough to ensure a crown...

Please people, for the love of God, don't allow this simple post to ruin my chances at Kingship. By reccing this post, you allow me to live through another post without dilution! About 10 recs is all I need to make sure that this does not adversely effect me.

Whaddaya say people, can you spare a rec?

-Gigaman
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement