Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Gigaman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8418  
Subject: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 1:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
To post or not to post...

Lately I have been on a bit of a run with having some posts rec'd fairly high. In my last 23 posts I have 235 recs. So with a post:rec ratio higher than 10, that should put me in position to earn a blue little crown by my name - signifying my importance to the TMF community.

Unfortunately I have to wait for the dry spell previous to that to run it's course before receiving my prize. In the total last month, I simply have a paltry 5:1 ratio - Blech!! If I had only known to avoid those boards with little traffic back in early February!! I place the blame on the Great Movies board for wasting my precious posts there with little recognition! As it is, I have to wait to be crowned around the 28th of March - or about 3 weeks from now.

Now the dilemma comes in. What if my hot streak ends? To ensure my crown, I could simply stop posting for the next three weeks. Then I could proudly parade through several boards, brilliantly showing my wonderful achievement before dilution takes effect and removes my crown again.

I just have to make sure to avoid diluted my posts before that glorious moment. Crap! I didn't even think about the fact that this post just put my rec:post ratio back under 10! Damn! That may not be enough to ensure a crown...

Please people, for the love of God, don't allow this simple post to ruin my chances at Kingship. By reccing this post, you allow me to live through another post without dilution! About 10 recs is all I need to make sure that this does not adversely effect me.

Whaddaya say people, can you spare a rec?

-Gigaman
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AGlupOfWax Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 229 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 1:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
I hate whiny begging for rec's, but I rec'ed your post anyway.

Author: Bonhoeffer Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 232 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 1:30 PM
Recommendations: 0
The crown is meaningless.

But i like you, so have a rec anyway.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 235 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 1:38 PM
Recommendations: 10
===*===

<a jest>

And if we do, what about the post after that, and after that? I mean there we will be on our way to our cushy corporate job in our spiffy designer threads and there you will be in your rags, in the gutter, unkempt and unshaven beggin for recs when God knows what the real use will be made of them. Have you no shame, man? PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOTSTRAPS, SUH, LIFT YOUR HEAD INTO THE SUNLIGHT, THRUST YOUR CHIN OUT, PULL YOUR GUT IN AND PROUDLY MAKE POSTS THAT GET NO RECS (just like the rest of us). You'll thank me in the morning. Really.

: Þ WOOT!

Raggmopp

Author: DuckInMyPants Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 249 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 2:09 PM
wah, wah, wah, wah....

I got your "recs" right here!

Geez, I bust my tail just trying to keep my ratio above 1:1....

DIMP
...hates whining!

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 253 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 2:19 PM
Geez, I bust my tail just trying to keep my ratio above 1:1....
===*===

I take it that's a good thing? I figure that at Motley we're really only as good as our last post anyway. WOOT!

Raggmopp

Author: cowbuyclown Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 258 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 3:07 PM
Gigaman

I cowbuyclown dub ye? thee? thy? "Sir At Least 10 Recs."

Now on to bigger fish to fry cowbuyclown (riding towards the sunset)

Author: nilsnz Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 264 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 3:29 PM
Recommendations: 2
Like they say, there are three kinds of lies in the world: lies, damn lies, and TMF rec-to-post ratio statistics.

Author: Raggmopp Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 265 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/6/2002 3:32 PM
...lies, damn lies, and TMF rec-to-post ratio statistics.
===*===

Nuts! And I was all ready to use that on my resume.

Raggmopp

Author: foundapenny Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 355 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/7/2002 10:45 AM
About 10 recs is all I need to make sure that this does not adversely effect me.

-Gigaman

I'll give you 10 a day - what will you give me??

Penny

Author: mcrochip Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1245 of 8418
Subject: Re: A Dilemma of Sorts... Date: 3/13/2002 9:37 AM
Recommendations: 9

Thank you for recommending this post to our Best of feature.

...PROUDLY MAKE POSTS THAT GET NO RECS (just like the rest of us). You'll thank me in the morning. Really

You were saying??

-Steve

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement