Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65461  
Subject: A great line Date: 11/25/2012 10:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
or so I thought.

I have been working out very frequently at my local gym, so I see many of the same folks and the newbe's as they come along.

Last week a newbe was being shown around by one of the trainers. Tall, long brown hair with long and straight bangs, great shape and very cute. She looked 50ish as it was but I thought the haircut was too young for her, nevertheless she pulled it off nicely.

So today as I am huffing and puffing from the stairmaster and then finishing on the exercise bike. The gym has barely been open an hour now and in she walks, then she saddles up right next to my bike and man did she smell gooooood! She cracked a smile and nodded and I fired back with "well hello,...do you sweat here often". She had this frightened holy sh*t look about her so I just smiled as I was leaving to push some weights next door.

I think I scared the crap out of her, but I thought I was just clever and charming.

We will have to see what next week brings...I think I will just keep my mouth shut this time.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65252 of 65461
Subject: Re: A great line Date: 11/29/2012 3:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
that is kind of creepy

1) I go to the gym to work hard and, yes, sweat - not chat/make friends/pick up
b) the gym i go to everyone is so busy working out that no one has time/energy to chat

peace & try crossfit
t

Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65253 of 65461
Subject: Re: A great line Date: 11/29/2012 4:31 PM
I thought the same thing as tconi, that it sounded creepy. I have had good conversations with guys in the gym, but they were things like, "how many sets do you have left?" you know, when waiting for equipment, or even, "is it always so busy here?" started a good conversation. But a gym is not a pickup joint.

if you google "don't be THAT guy in the gym" and watch some videos, one of the That guys is always "the pickup artist"

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65254 of 65461
Subject: Re: A great line Date: 11/30/2012 11:51 AM
Recommendations: 0
Helper, I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp95olCn3lY

Author: 99lashes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65255 of 65461
Subject: Re: A great line Date: 11/30/2012 12:38 PM
Yet more helpful.

http://screen.yahoo.com/flip-side-workout-000000175.html

Author: slegl516 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65256 of 65461
Subject: Re: A great line Date: 12/1/2012 6:08 AM
I don't Know about the conclusions drawn from this thread so far. WE have a Sports Barn in this area and it has been nicknamed The Divorce Barn! So their must be some women out heir looking at the guys.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement