Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: corse Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22718  
Subject: A Jew Date: 10/14/2002 10:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
To all those who posted interesting Posts about who is a Jew etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading every single one of them and it just goes to show, that from time to time we can all hold a sensible discussion on the matter.

I have in my family from both my parents' side, relatives who "married out" as we put it.Some did it in the 50's 60's and some did it this millenium.All came from orthodox famillies, and had regular Jewish upbringing.Why they married out, only they can say, but I have to admit they were/are ostresized by a lot of friends and family too.

My boys are very very religeous Haredim in fact, the eldest got married last night 13th October and it was a wedding where men and women were seated separately and danced separately.My wife and I have been living with this situation for over 5 years now and it doesn't bother us.We keep a Kosher home and respect the boys wishes if they visit on a Shabbat, to keep the Shabbat [no TV etc] and this doesn't bother us either.As long as they dont start preaching as to what we should do ( and they tend to do that from time to time).

To the question "when is a Jew not a Jew" my answer is, "when he doesn't feel his Jewishness any more.

Corse
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Tuni Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1015 of 22718
Subject: Re: A Jew Date: 10/14/2002 12:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Corse,

That may be the best answer of all -

<To the question "when is a Jew not a Jew" my answer is, "when he doesn't feel his Jewishness any more>

thank you,
tuni

Author: corse Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1016 of 22718
Subject: Re: A Jew Date: 10/14/2002 1:00 PM
Your most welcome

Core

Author: PipneyJane Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1027 of 22718
Subject: Re: A Jew Date: 10/27/2002 4:01 AM
To the question "when is a Jew not a Jew" my answer is, "when he doesn't feel his Jewishness any more.

Very well put Corse.

Mazel Tov on the wedding, BTW. I hope they are very happy together.

- Pam (it's in my soul...)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement