Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Transploration CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5  
Subject: A keeper? Date: 2/7/2006 6:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
eDiets has performed amazingly well over the last month, up some 20+%. I've noticed some profit taking (and who can blame 'em) lately which created a pull back from the low $8 level, closing today at just over $7.

What are your thoughts on this company?

Although they're an online company with the typical issues with providing customer service to their online customers, I'm kind of impressed with their overall product offering and their new management.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Celena One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 5
Subject: Re: A keeper? Date: 3/10/2006 1:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
MM

I have been using eDiets on and off for several years, since the beginning almost. I LOVE this company. The price is reasonable and they offer so much. I was delighted when I was able to buy the shares.

What happend this week? All the info I've read seems to be good, but yet the stock tanked yesterday? :o

Author: bigstargazer Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 5
Subject: Re: A keeper? Date: 3/11/2006 10:43 AM
I just discovered eDiets this week and based on preliminary research thought it was a good one. I was very surprised to see the decline, with such large volume. The decline seemed to start at the same time as the conference call.

Further research finds there is about 21 million shares outstanding. February 2001 SEC 13G's were filed for three individual investors/small investor groups (not big institutions) for a total of about 9 million shares. Price at that time was about $1.75. The filings indicate a December 31, 2000 date. Price of the staock on December 29, 2000 was $0.72.

My best guess, and it is only a guess, is that some or all of these three investors dumped their stock. It also could be another reason which is unknown to me.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement