No. of Recommendations: 62
It's 12:10 here on the West Coast and the score is 79-67 against Datasnooper staying. I have stayed out of this drama attack, primarially because for all datasnooper's attitude, frankly to me he's small potatoes.

(If you haven't check my profile, I work in the entertainment business here in Hollywood. The Home of Big Egos. My resume includes "Titanic" and I have a Tshirt which says "I worked for Jim, You CAN'T scare me.")

I for one hope you stay, datasnooper. Not because of any sense of fair play. Whether you stay or go is of no concern to me. I'd like to see you stay because as a teacher, you have the potential to effect countless lives.

A thread before Christmas asked "What dreams do you have?"

I meet people everyday, who've come to Hollywood in search of their dream. For the most part Hollywood is hard on those people. Old waitresses and busboys they become. I would like to be rich enough to help just two of those people. So years from now, I know I made a difference.

As the Gardner's with the Motley Fool have changed the lives of many, datasnooper, so too you have a chance to make a difference. You obviously teach in some economic field. Think if you could just check your attitude at the door, come into mechanical investing with a fresh untrammeled eye. Shut up for a month and learn from the real world successes and failures we here on this board experience. You might be suprised at what you see.

Then take those lessons back to the class room. Teach those young men and women who pass though your classroom, what none of us were taught in our youth.

If you've seen "Mr. Holland's Opus" you know the scene in the end, as Mr Holland walks away in retirement, when they suprise him, with the people he has affected. They were his opus, and the future investors you inspire could be yours.

Ask yourself, what you want your legacy to be. A half dozen academic papers, published in some magazine few will read, or to have affected hundreds of lives for the better?

David Trammel aka LAPropDoc
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement