UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134973  
Subject: Re: Juan Williams Date: 10/4/2012 7:38 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
A little bit. I thought 0bama did fairly well by typical standards, he was just up against someone who knocked it out of the park tonight. 0bama could have turned this performance in against McCain and cleaned his clock. In fact, I think he did three times last campaign.

Firstly, you were right about what Romney had to deliver.

The last thing I expected was for Romney to take charge of the format itself and demand a debate. Further that Lehrer only tried blatantly once to bail out Obama was a bonus.

What Obama looked like was that he was lazy in his preparation. To folks with doubts about Obama that may be more damning than anything that actually happened.

What many lost sight of was Romney was a salesman, that is largely what CEOs do along with their other duties. He was a salesman successful on a titanic scale at selling solutions to companies in trouble.

Obama was Obama, this is Obama without the spin. He is a decent pol, he never was really more than that. He threw out his spin and did what he really always does. Obama was prepared, he ignored questions and plowed into talking points. Things fell apart when Lehrer did not stop Romney from actually shredding the strawmen.

Romney energized the base. Is there a conservative left who now can not bring themselves to vote for Romney? He articulated principles not merely policy, and Obama can not battle that, as conservatives have claimed for decades.

Yes, I expect a better Obama next time out. However, I am not sure we will get one. I happen to agree with the 'emperor is not wearing any clothes' stated by Carl. As far as a call for Romney not providing details? To that I refer to a different story. Oh please, don't throw me in the briar patch.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement