UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: jsn7 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308238  
Subject: Re: HELP! WHich card should i pay off first?? Date: 5/22/2001 9:44 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
A little personal advice if I may runninhorn,

I've had a pretty long business career beginning in banking and then on to other areas.
You mentioned Sunday that you want to sell cars. If you do so, of course you know it's a commission job. People that make a living on commission sales need to be very caeful about there debt loads. You never know when the economy will turn down in your area and your sales go down as well.
As a banker, I noticed that car salemen {I'm old. When I was in banking I never met a female auto saleswoman} and insurance agents would be the worse as far as doing well for a couple of years and using those w-2's to qualify for way too much money.
I've a 2nd cousin in that shape now. He is a Nissan saleman and has done well for several years. Two years ago, he sold a house that was paid for and borrowed $125k to have a dreamhome custom built. Today, that house is for sale, the kids are getting school clothes at Wal-Mart,etc. His wife told my mother that no one would believe the cc debt.
You can make a handsome living in sales if you have the right attitude and work ethic but, take special care with your personal finances. The bills are still there whether you have a good month or a bad month.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Feste Award Winner Announced!
Congrats to the Winner of the 2013 Feste Award!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement