Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
A lot of noise.

I never know any more whether to laugh or cry when I hear that old saw. People who stayed fully invested like the Wall Street experts tell us we all should do, have seen their investments cut roughly in half twice in the last 20 years. Will this dip fit the definition of noise? Maybe, but we're just getting started and I suspect that someone somewhere is about to feel pain once again. At least that's what many of them have said: "Ouch! Man, this sure feels like real pain." Maye this time will be different. Oh, wait, another old saw says that this time is never dif...

Never mind. I guess one man's nosebleed is another man's last drop of life. Forgive me, but I think I'll sit out the pain game. My pain tolerance is low. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to it, I don't know, but silly ol' me, I like it that way. Wake me up when the streets run red and you can tell me all about the "noise", assuming you are among the survivors. I hope so, I really do.

"Hey, you're bleeding like a stuck pig!"

"Don't worry, it's just noise."

< ?!?!?!?! >

Dan, 87% cash and growing
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement