Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

A marriage recorded in the family bible or other appropriate place and signed by witnesses is a legal marriage anywhere in the country. A license is NOT needed.
Glad you poped in long enough to post this. I don't know about MI? I'm going to call the County Clerk----this just doesn't sound right.
It needs to be recorded for people doing geneology and stuff.
When I organized and microfilmed all the Ottawa County births and marriages--they sent me to a storeroom with boxes of little scraps of paper with names and dates on them!! From the time the county began. What fun I had sorting them all out! Going back to the 1800's--different names that sounded so strange.
When I got to the "bound books" it was, flatten it on the film machine, flip it, turn the page, flatten it---Agh. I quit and told him to hire a part-time high school student who would double check page numbers and not miss anything. Boring!! I had the radio on, but could NOT stay awake! I had friends check on me in the near-by office rooms! ZZZZZZZZZZ. Becky!! OH! NOT again! Horrible.
It was so boring, one day I took off my coat and was in a slip! With a blouse. NO SKIRT!! At least it gave us all something to chuckle about! All woman office---Clerk on vacation? Not there anyway, whew!

What a goofy girl I was--OK AM!
And <lurker> guy!! Good post! Keep it up!

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.